2008 m. gegužės 8 d., ketvirtadienis

Self - assessment of ESP leraning

Writing skills:
In the ESP course I find out new instructions about how to write summaries . I knew that there are so many kinds of summaries, like restatement, analytical or critical. Now I think that I am able to write a summary much more correctly, and this activity now looks easier for me.
ESP vocabulary tests also now looks a little bit easier, because my vocabulary is expanded and I can remember more information.
Dictations for me it is a quite hard task. Sometimes I can't remember what it is dictating and so I can't do a task very well. Also I did many mistakes of speling and punctuation. But I think that my skills are becoming better after every dictation task.
Self- desined tests it is a new and very interesting task. It helps me to summaries important information, and to remember it better. But of course this task isn't very easy, because if I want to prepare a good test I should be very accurate. And I think that not every test which I prepered it is very good.
Contributions to weblog for me it is interesting but hard task. Because sometimes I have lack of ideas. And also when I'm writting I did many spelling and grammar mistakes.
Speaking skills:
As I mentioned before, after ESP course my vocabulary it is expanded, and now I am able to talk much better. However sometimes I forget some words and can't express my opinion very accurate. Speaking in pairs it is easier than speaking in class discussions for me, because speaking with one person isn't so thrilling.
For me it is very hard to prepare and to represent a presentation that everyone could understand it. Sometimes while speaking I am doing many mistakes and I could be misunderstood.
Listening skills:
Listening sometimes looks a difficult and sometimes easy task. It depends on my concentration, the accent of speaker, and the theme of the text. But now listening tasks there are easier to do, than at the begining of ESP course.
Reding skills:
Home reading for me it is easier than class reading, because at home I can use a dictionary and so I understand the material better. Also when I am reading in class, sometimes I don't read the material very carefully, because I haven't enough time.
Computer tasks aren't very hard, because for me it is easy to find the information on the internet.

I think that after few month of ESP course my skills of reading, writing, speaking, listening in English become much better.

2 komentarai:

MaiDeN rašė...

I am very happy, that you are satisfied with your achievements in studying english, and I wish you would set more goals in next term! Good luck! :)

Ginte rašė...

thanks ;)